What are the strengths of the team?
The Team Summary Report in Cascade consolidates their strengths onto one page.
When working with multiple teams the Team Summary provides visual comparisons. The most obvious is the balance of the StrengthsFinder themes across the four Domains.
Note: The Team Summary Report is part of the Bonus Features of Cascade.
The top section of the Team Summary page comprises of;
- The Theme Frequency chart showing the ranking of the dominant themes for the team.
- A Pie Chart depicting the spread of the dominant themes across the 4 Domains.
- The Spark Chart identifying the theme distribution for the team.
- The totals by Domain for the number of themes and the number of people representing each Domain.
- The list of people in the team (not shown in the image above) and the number of people in the team visible in the bottom right corner.
The lower part of the page contains the Top 5 themes for the team. The columns represent;
- The percentage of people in the team who have that theme in their Top 5.
- The name of the theme in the team’s Top 5.
- The main contributions of the team – we bring.
- The key requirements for the team – we need.
- The core motivators for the team – we love.
The main feature to change on the Team Summary page is whether to show the names for those in the team. To the right of the screen is the option to show or hide the team member names.
The names appear in the centre of the page, showing the first 30 names in alphabetical order.
Tip: The Frequency, Pie and Spark Charts count the Top 5 or Top 10 themes depending on the selection in the Team Page.
Share with the team their collective Top 5 themes and discuss what that means as a team.
- How do the items under ‘We Bring’ relate to the main contributions of the team?
- Does the team think they receive the needs mentioned?
- What practical things would help motivate the team?
Revealing the visual representations of several teams in the same organisation can help to draw out the differences between the teams or departments.
- How does the shape of the Frequency Chart or the Spark Chart differ between teams?
- What are the differences between the Pie Charts and what effect does this have on each team?
Some teams may have a few long blades in their Spark Chart where other teams may have lots of shorter blades. What difference would this make to the team?