Turn conflict into collaboration with the Power of 2 worksheet in Cascade.
Quickly discover the perspectives for two people from their CliftonStrengths® themes. The Power of 2 worksheet explores how two people can work effectively together across a whole range of situations.
- Two colleagues who just don’t get on. Help them to see how their perspectives differ so they can appreciate the qualities of the other person.
- Two colleagues who work well together. Help them understand why they are effective, and explore ways to make the partnership even more successful.
- A member of staff and their manager to enhance communication and build a strong working relationship.
- Two people setting out on a project or business venture to spot potential clash points and explore the opportunities for better collaboration.
- Two people in a marriage or domestic partnership.
Power of 2 – Page Description
The simple worksheet shows the top 5 CliftonStrengths® themes for one person across the top and the themes for another person down the side. The intersections of the themes create conversation opportunities on aspects of collaboration or possible conflict.
Select the names of two people in the yellow boxes at the top of the screen. The names in the drop-down lists are those people visible in the Team Grid.
In addition to selecting the two names, you can choose the text to accompany the themes in the green sections. The options are;
- Short Description
- Descriptive words
- The Role I Play
- I Bring and I Need
Depending on the two people and their situation, these suggestions for using the Power of 2 report may help.
- For a general understanding of each other, use the Short Description.
- To get started in a working relationship, use The Role I Play.
- For a better understanding of each other’s character, try the Descriptive Words.
- To increase collaboration, use the Bring & Need.
The Power of Resolving Conflict
The Power of 2 in action. Hear how Amy Fredricks moves through conflict quickly with teams to increase collaboration and productivity.
Explore how the themes of the person on the left, can enhance the themes for the person on the top. (Write these in blue)
Consider how the themes of the person on the left, can rub against or aggravate the themes for the person on the top. (Write these in red)
Repeat the exercise above with the names and themes swapped over.
Considering the Balcony of each theme, what are the best opportunities for each of the theme combinations between the two people?
The book Expanding Your Strengths can provide additional insights.
Use the same name for both axes. In which ways can that person’s themes enhance or temper each other?
The Power of Me
Create your personal brand with the Power of Me worksheet. Discover how to bring together two themes and form a powerful combination.
The Power of Me report is adapted from the Power of 2 in Cascade. Choose the setting at the top of the page to select The Power of Me.
The Descriptive Words for each themes are down the side of the page and across the top are the ‘Role I Play’. Mixing these together brings another level of opportunities.
In this example, Analytical and Harmony can create ‘A questioning negotiator’. Analytical with Focus can be ‘A data-driven goal setter’. Harmony with Focus can be ‘A practical prioritizer’.
The combinations are endless which can help clients appreciate the power of their themes. Use these phrases for personal statements, creating a brand or for building confidence.
The Power of Me report was introduced to Cascade in version 2.0r05b, December 2020.
Gallup®, CliftonStrengths® and the 34 theme names of CliftonStrengths® are trademarks of Gallup, Inc. All rights reserved. To learn more about CliftonStrengths®, please visit Gallup Access.
This product contains certain Gallup trademarks and copyrighted material and is used herein pursuant to license. The author’s information has not been approved and is not sanctioned or endorsed by Gallup in any way. Opinions, views and interpretations of CliftonStrengths® are solely the beliefs of Releasing Strengths Ltd.
The Cascade strengths reports contain copyrighted material from Releasing Strengths Ltd. All rights reserved.