The dynamic Team Grid in Cascade builds itself from the StrengthsFinder® themes of your clients. Customise the display to show different levels of themes to suit the team or your workshop. Save time with the automatic calculation of the statistical information which highlights the top 5 themes for the team.
The Enhanced Team Grid in Cascade is a flexible page to display several team combinations in a range of formats.
- Choose which names to display with several filtering options.
- Sort the names by the defined columns, by a theme or by a domain.
- Choose to display the Top 5, the Top 10 or the Top 10 with the bottom 5 themes.
- Add your own logo and enter a name for the team.
- Identify which parts to print or save to a .PDF.
Choose the Number of Themes to Display
How many themes do you want to display? Choose from the top 5, top
This feature was introduced with Cascade 2.0r03, released on 1st April 2019.
Client / Team selection
With all your client’s data stored in one place has advantages, however it can be difficult to filter out the specific groups or people you want to view.
Using Excel’s Data Filtering feature, it is possible to select people based on a range of criteria. Click on the down arrow next to the desired column heading, then tick or untick the categories or people required. Repeat this for as many columns as necessary.
To reset the filtering, click on the Clear Filters button to restore the complete list of clients.
The Theme Table page sets up the column names and their contents.
Having everything together helps to identify suitable partners who may be in a different department. It also provides a view of the whole company or your complete client base, where you can easily find all the people with a specific theme.
Tip: If you select people based on a specific theme, or other criteria, it is possible to Copy and Paste their email addresses into Outlook to email them about an interesting blog post or Theme Thursday webinar.
Note: Some Mac computers do not support the sort option in Cascade. To overcome this, there are buttons on the Theme Table to sort the names into your preferred order.
The menu at the top of the page provides buttons to adjust the layout and the headings.
- Domain Descriptions – Add in the Gallup descriptions for each Domain.
- Domain Contribution – Show how the Domains connect with each other to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Row 8 (Totals) – Below the theme names are the number of times that theme appears in the Team Grid. Green highlights identify the top 5 themes for the team. The unique themes (with a count of 1) are in blue and themes which are not present for the team are in grey. This is a handy guide to direct conversations when discussing the overall strengths of a team. The theme totals bar does not show any values when the bottom 5 themes are visible. Click on Row 8 (Totals) to show or hide this row.
- Column E (Area) – The Area column on the Team Grid comes from the Theme Table. Sometimes you may not want this. Click on the Column E (Area) button to show or hide this column.
- Column F (Team) – The Team column on the Team Grid comes from the Theme Table. Sometimes you may not want this. Click on the Column F (Team) button to show or hide this column.
- Row 10 (Headings) – When printing the Team Grid, a blank row appears below the theme totals bar. This row contains the headings for the Name column. You may want to remove the row by clicking on Row 10 (Headings) to show or hide it.
- Client Names – Showing several team combinations on The Team Grid leads to
discussionshow the weightings across the domains can affect the dynamics of a team. If you display real teams, you may want to hide the names of the people to protect their privacy. To Show or Hide the names, click on the Client Names button.
To make printing easier, the Print Preview button saves you navigating the menu selection through Excel. There is also an additional benefit. Cascade has the capacity to store 500 clients, which amounts to around 17 pages. If you only want to print the relevant pages containing your clients, the Print Preview button adjusts the print settings to the right number of pages, removing wastage. This is more important for those with the Go Large module, as the 2000 client capacity stretches to 64 pages. Potentially a lot of wasted paper.
If there are problems displaying recently added clients or the references to the Theme Table page show #REF. The Refresh Page button at the top will restore the page formulae and formatting. After sorting or adding names on the Theme Table page, it is best to run the Refresh Page process. Note: Running the Refresh Page takes a few seconds to complete.
The Leadership Domain headings contain numbers according to the names and themes in the grid.
Using this example;
- 53% of all the themes for the group are in the Relationship Building Domain.
- 6 people in the group have themes in this Domain.
- The 6 people collectively have 16 Relationship Building themes between them.
These totals summarise the details collected for each person on the right of the page.
To customise your Team Grid report, enter the name of the team near the top left. This example imaginatively uses the name ‘Team A’. The other team reports in Cascade pick up on the name entered here for their team name headings.
The number of people shown in the box represents the total number of people selected in the grid.
In version 2.0r03 released on 1st April 2019, the Team Name is set in the Menu page.
The Domains follow the order of; Strategic Thinking, Influencing, Relationship Building and then Executing. In general, this is the natural order of events as they occur. We work out what we need to do, get others on board, bring people together, then do the task. Hence when coaching others, going through the domains in this order gives a more natural flow to the discussions. The order is explained more in the 4 Leadership Domains article.
The Task orientated domains are on the outside with the people-centric domains in the middle. This order also supports conversations on what happens when the presence of a domain is absent.
In version 2.0r03 released on 1st April 2019, there is an option to change the Domain order so they appear in alphabetical order, starting with Executing.
To create a PDF or show the Team Grid in PowerPoint, check out the Support Hub.
When should you introduce the Team Grid? The Gallup article Is your team ready for the Team Strengths Grid suggests some helpful tips.