Cascade is constantly evolving as we listen to your suggestions and see how it is used. The purpose is to make your life easier and we welcome your comments to enhance Cascade further.
This Change Log lists the updates between each version. We try to make it fairly non-technical, and if you need more detail, just contact us.
You can download an update at any time, within 12 months from the date of purchase or with your support period. To download the latest version of Cascade, follow the steps in this support article – How to get the latest version of Cascade.
For assistance, use the Contact Us form quoting your licence number – C with 5 digits at the top of the Menu screen.
The latest Cascade version is 2.0r05h
Log of changes by version number
2.0r05h – 4th May 2022
Some of these features appeared previously in a minor update for version 2.0r05g.
- Create your own Strengths Advantage worksheet! In the Settings section of the Cascade Menu, you can enter your custom questions for your desired topic. Once complete, select ‘Custom’ at the bottom of the drop-down list in the Strengths Advantage page to see your very own worksheet. Thank you Kristie, Jennifer and Maureen.
- See the new look for the Team Grid. Showing the top 10 or more themes in the Team Grid can make the page look messy. We’ve adjusted the shading of the cells for themes 6-15 and 29-34 to create a cleaner look. Thank you Larry.
- Hide the Lesser Theme narrative in the My 34 reports. The words for the bottom 5 themes in the My 34 report are not always appropriate. There is now a button at the top of the page to hide this text. Thank you Hannah and Edie.
- Removed the background shading in the Team Profiles for better copying/pasting into custom Zoom background images. Thank you Laura.
- Minor updates to the PDF creation process. Thank you Jan.
- Improved the reliability of the Import Themes process for those with a Mac. Thank you Cathy. Also thanks to Mike for his observation with a rogue note.
- Realigned the cross-hairs for the Spark chart in the Team Summary. Thank you Grace.
2.0r05f – 20th September 2021
- New Report Toppings where you can add your own text at the top of am individual report. Thank you Deon.
- Strengths Advantage section.
- Added worksheet on Psychological Safety. Thank you Alicia, Tracy, Marjan and Michelle.
- Added worksheets for Career Development and planning a New Role. Thank you Murray and Jennifer.
- Refined text for Mindset Resilience and Situational Leadership. Thank you Liz and Deon
- Labels / Lanyards – added buttons to easily create a PDF of the page and a set of PDFs for all the pages. Thank you Dawn.
- Personal Insights – removed the gender specific word ‘his’ for Woo’s Metaphor, inline with Gallup’s text. Thank you Murray.
- Slight improvement to the Theme Import process and updated the translation procedure for the Positivity theme in German. Thank you Daniel.
- Updated the PDF process to check for illegal characters in a Team Heading, preventing an error when saving the PDF file.
2.0r05e – 21st May 2021
- Strengths Advantage section.
- Added Wellbeing worksheet to complement Gallup’s book.
- Added Mindset Resilience worksheet. Thank you Laura Everest.
- Theme Table – Added a ‘Skip All’ option when Importing Themes, to skip all the duplicate entries. Thank you Paul.
- Team Grid
- Moved the ‘Refreshing the Page’ message so it doesn’t accidentally show on the printed report. Thank you Marie-Hélène.
- Updated the Domain Contribution for the Influencing Domain, changed ‘inertia’ to ‘energy’. Thank you Antonia.
- Updated report headings and page formatting for the German Language Pack. Thank you Marisol and Nicole.
2.0r05d – 4th February 2021
- Strengths Advantage section.
- Renamed Theme Advantage to Strengths Advantage. Thank you Marisol and Nicole.
- Added worksheet: Care Coaching – Caring for your Loved One. Thank you Dawn.
- Added worksheet: Care Coaching – Taking Care of Yourself. Thank you Dawn.
- Reinstated the Agile Projects worksheet that dropped out. Thank you Amy & Deon.
- The Power of 2 and The Power of Me worksheets.
- Added the option to show themes 6 to 10. Thank you Holly.
- Added row and column headings for The Power of Me. Thank you Ron.
- Changed the name of Power of 2 in German to Potential2. Thank you Marisol and Nicole.
- Updated the Copyright date to 2021. Thank you for the New Year.
2.0r05c – 17th December 2020
- Fix for VBA error when using Microsoft 365 and OneDrive folder location.
2.0r05b2 – 7th December 2020
- Added the German Language Pack.
- New Theme Advantage worksheet for Performance SeQuEnCe.
- New Power of Me worksheet.
- More theme selection options in the All 34 report.
- Updated the Domain names in French.
- Improved the PDF creation process when saving to OneDrive.
- Renamed the heading in the Personal Insights report from Theme Insights to Personal Insights for continuity.
- Strengthened the reliability of the Theme Import process and added a translation feature to convert theme names in French, Spanish and German into English.
- Added the new Cascade logo to each page.
2.0r05a – 25th August 2020
As there are lots of subtle changes, there is a short video showing them in more detail.
- Domain colour change – Strategic Thinking from red to green.
- There’s a new button to Print the Domain Totals in the Team Grid. Thank you, Cheryl.
- When selecting just the Bottom or no themes in the Team Grid, the Domain header totals are now hidden for clarity. Thank you, Sara.
- The PDF filenames are now appended with the number of themes in the report – T5 or T10. Thank you, Judy.
- The PDF header now shows the filename when viewing PDFs. Previously, it just said Cascade. Thank you, Kimberly.
- Tweak to improve saving PDF files on SharePoint. Thank you, Rachael.
- The Team Roles, All 34 and Team Profile pages now support French and Spanish languages.
- Small tweaks to the Spanish translations in the Brings & Needs report. Thank you, Claudia.
- Preparations for the German language Pack.
2.0r04g – 22nd May 2020
- Introducing the Spanish Language Pack – Thank you José and Caroline.
- Minor formatting tweaks to the Personal Insights and the My Domain reports.
- Preparations for the German language Pack.
2.0r04f – 1st May 2020
- Added two new topics for the Theme Advantage worksheet, Managing in a Crisis and VUCA. – Thank you Antonia and Deon.
- Updated the Theme Advantage text for Managing a Project to prevent text overspill. Thank you Deborah.
- Reduced occurrences of Error 1004 when importing themes when Cascade is saved on OneDrive.
- Corrected the text overspill in the Personal Insights report experienced by a few people with Macs. Thank you Corey, James, Andreas and Carisa.
- Tweaks to prepare for the new language content.
2.0r04e – 11th February 2020
- Tweaks to the French Language Pack for the Team Summary report.
- Improved error messaging for the Import Themes process.
2.0r04d – 24th January 2020
- Created the French Language Pack for the reports in French.
- Updated the Theme Table Import process to check for theme names in English.
- Added a check to correctly identify a web path for OneDrive on a Windows computer when creating PDF files.
- Updated the download feature in the Modules section to get the latest version of Cascade.
2.0r0c – 30th December 2019
- Fixed the buttons on the Home page for Menu, Settings and Modules selection to work better on Mac computers.
- In Theme Advantage page, updated the formatting for Situational Leadership to prevent words getting truncated.
- Expanded error messages to provide more specific information when there is a problem.
- Updated the calculation process to more accurately count the number of people in the Theme Table when setting the size of the Team Grid.
- Adjustments to make the reports multilingual, in preparation for the language packs.
2.0r04b – 26th September 2019
- On Personal Insights report, updated the Metaphore display button to work on computers using Office 365.
2.0r04a – 9th September 2019
See the full release notes.
- Import Themes from Gallup Access.
- Receive future versions of Cascade with your personal Download button.
- Get more power with the Power of 2 report.
2.0r03f – 24th May 2019
- Added the Import Themes button to the Theme Table. See Theme Table Overview for more information.
2.0r03e – 24th April 2019
- Fixed Error 75 with some Macs when creating PDFs.
2.0r03d – 5th April 2019
- Tweaked the Personal Insights report to prevent getting cut off in a few cells.
- Fixed an issue with the legend in the All 34 Pie chart not displaying.
2.0r03b – March 2019
This is a major new release with a host of new features. To read about the changes and watch the video demonstration, visit the Release Notes.
2.0r02c – 26th July 2018
- Fixed an issue when sorting clients in the Theme Table beyond 500. It only affects the Go Large module.
- In the Personal Insights page, changed the description from ‘I Hate’ to I Dislike’.
2.0r02b – 4th July 2018 – Major New Release
- Big New Features
- New Theme Advantage page creating multiple worksheets for clients to explore how they can use their themes in various situations.
- New My 34 page showing all 34 themes for a person with a personalised Spark Chart. It requires the Bonus Pack.
- New feature to create PDF reports for each person in a team. Requires the Bonus Pack and Windows with Office 2010, 2013, 2016 or Mac with Office 2016 (Mac with Office 2011 is not supported).
- The Bring / Need and Personal Insights report previously only printed themes 1-5 when printing from the Select Name page. They now remember their setting to print themes 1-5 or 6-10 according to the selection on the report.
- Added a footnote to show the theme ranges (Themes 1-5 or Themes 6-10) for the Personal Insights and Bring / Need reports.
- Increased the space at the top of the Personal Insights, Power of 2, Bring / Need, reports to add logos or text.
- Increased the space for the Team Name in the Team Grid.
- Changed the weight of the font for the bottom 5 themes on the Team Grid to increase readability.
- Added WordArt.com to the list of Word Cloud generators. It offers many more Word Cloud variations.
- Modified the Spark chart so the theme names do not overlap.
- Corrected the theme percentage calculations in the Team Summary report when showing the top 10 themes.
- Corrected the priority of themes in the Frequency chart having the same occurrence. The order is also based on the theme intensity.
- Corrected an issue in the Labels page when running on Office 2010.
- Cleaned up aspects behind the scenes to reduce the file size by 20%.
Thank you to all the coaches who have helped towards these improvements of Cascade and provided feedback on the new features. We appreciate your support and encouragement as we enhance our tools and services. Thank you to Alicia Santamaria, Barry Rellaford, Charlotte Blair, Cheryl Pace, Deon Rademeyer, Elaine Krek, Fiona Grant, Florence Hardy, Jessica Kennedy, Jennifer Miller, Jose Valcarcel, Kathie Gautille, Mary Beth Crawford, Ralph Rickenbach and Tracy Phillips.
2.0r01d – 22nd March 2018
- Adjusted the layout of the Labels page to print 1 or 2 labels across (was fixed at 2) and up to 8 labels down (was 5).
- Added a Bonus Pack feature on the Labels page to hide the surname.
- Increased the font size of the Power of 2 theme descriptions for easier readability.
- Corrected a bug in the Team page for the Print Preview button to work better on Macs.
- Updated the instructions on the Bring – Need page.
- Updated the Refresh Formatting process on the Theme Table to remove any cell borders inherited from pasting in data.
2.0r01c – 13th February 2018
- Updated the formatting for the Print Preview button on the Team page.
2.0r01b – Major new release – January 2018 – Summary of updates
- Rebranded the Single Site licence to Cascade Personal – for self-employed coaches.
- Rebranded the Single Site to Cascade Professional for coaches working in organisations.
- Revised the copyright statements in line with Gallup’s licence agreement.
- Removed the French translations as this is outside of Gallup’s licence agreement.
- Added the Go Large add-on module to increase the capacity to 2000 clients or staff.
- Each page received a bit of a facelift to improve its appearance.
- Moved the registration details displayed on the reports from the top to the bottom. The Bonus Pack includes options to add in your own text.
- Updated the Theme Comparisons on the Personal Insights report to match those on the Theme Insight cards.
- Added sorting options on the Theme Table page.
- Added buttons to show or hide rows and columns on the Team page.
- The Select Name page shows registration details and the expiry date for the 12 months support period.