Comparing all 34 themes for two or more people working together exposes new insights for coaching.
Identify the similarities and differences in working styles, perspectives or motivators. Transform your coaching session with a visual representation of the StrengthsFinder themes.
Select up to six people from the yellow name boxes to reveal their themes. The Team page determines the names in the drop-down list and sets the Team Name for the heading.
Alternatively, click on the Insert Names button to populate the boxes with the first six names (alphabetically sorted) from the Team Grid.
Choose to display the number of themes to obtain the desired result. Showing all the 34 themes provides completeness where sometimes fewer themes may create a greater impact. The Theme Display Options are;
- Just the top 5 themes
- Just the top 10 themes
- The top 10 with the bottom 5 themes
- All 34 themes
Note: To display themes 6-34 requires the Bonus Pack
It is possible to identify up to five themes to see where they are positioned for the people on the page. The identification is a coloured box around the theme.
Use the radio buttons under the yellow boxes to select a name then click on the Identify Top 5 button to show where that person’s Top 5 themes lie with the other people on the page.
Alternatively, use the drop-down lists on the Theme Identification boxes to select specific themes.
Coaching Considerations and Discussion Points
- Coaching an individual – select their themes to show with yours.
- What do their dominant themes need?
- How could your dominant themes influence the coaching session?
- What might they need to help mitigate their lesser themes?
- Coaching two people working together
- What theme partnerships can you see in the dominant themes? How can they help each other?
- What themes does one person have which are lower down for the other? How can they split tasks to align more with their themes?
- Coaching a small team
- Which themes appear in the dominant area for several people and not others? How can this make the team strong? What can the others contribute to complement these strengths?
- Which themes appear in the dominant area for some and are in the lesser area for others? Are they aware of their differences? How can they help each other?
- Which Domain shows up the least in the dominant themes? What impact has this caused and how can the other themes help to balance the team?
How do you use the All 34 page for your coaching sessions?
Share your experience from your coaching sessions with a testimonial.