How can I transfer my data to a new version of Cascade?
When you receive an update to Cascade, here are the steps to help you transfer your client data to the new version.
For simplicity, all your data in Cascade is stored in the Theme Table page. It is essentially a matter of copying and pasting your data from the Theme Table page in your previous version of Cascade to your new version.
Step by Step Guide
1. Save your new version of Cascade to the relevant folder making sure that its name is slightly different.
2. Open both copies of Cascade and select the Theme Table pages.
Old version of Cascade
3. Select the data in the old Cascade according to the version.
4. Copy the contents with Ctrl+C for Windows, Command+C for Mac or Edit Copy from the top Excel Menu bar.
Note: Make sure you select the cells to highlight and not the rows. It is tempting to highlight the rows by sliding the cursor down the left-hand column, but you need to highlight the cells so they are in a format suitable to paste into the new table.
Move to the New version of Cascade
5. In the new version of Cascade select cell A11 or the next available row in column A. Paste in the contents with Ctrl+V for Windows, Command+V for Mac or Edit Paste from the top Excel Menu bar.
6. To clean up the page, click on the Reset Formatting button which will rectify any formatting issues.
7. As a final step, in the Team Grid, click on the Refresh Page button in the top left-hand corner. This realigns the Team Grid to the client data in the Theme Table page.
You are now good to go and explore the new features of Cascade. The Change Log lists the new features for each version of Cascade.
Remember to include the new Cascade file in your backup routine as part of your housekeeping processes.