How can I transfer themes to a new version of Cascade?
When you receive an update to Cascade, here are the steps to help you transfer themes for your clients or staff to the new version.
For simplicity, all your data in Cascade is stored in the Theme Table page. It is essentially a matter of importing the names and themes from the Theme Table in your previous version of Cascade to your new version.
You no longer need to copy and paste the information across.
Steps to Transfer Themes
1. Save your new version of Cascade to your computer folder making sure that its name is slightly different from the previous version.
2. Open the new version of Cascade and select the Theme Table.
3. Click on the Import Themes button and browse to your previous version of Cascade. You can also select a Gallup export file to Import. See Entering Themes.
4. Follow the prompts to import the people into the new version of Cascade.
As it imports the people into the Cascade, you can see a counter in the bottom left corner. It will identify duplicate names, asking if you wish to skip them.
At the end of the import, it runs the Reset Formatting process to tidy up the page.
5. As a final step, it is important to expand the Team Grid using the Refresh Page button. The Import process asks if you want to run the Refresh Page where it is advisable to say Yes.
Without running the Refresh Page in the Team Grid, it may not show all the people in the Theme Table.
You are now good to go and explore the new features of Cascade. The ChangeLog lists the new features for each version of Cascade.
Remember to include the new Cascade file in your backup routine as part of your housekeeping processes.