How can I import themes from the Gallup Strengths Center?
For a large number of clients, importing their theme information will save a lot of time, especially if they have all 34 themes. It requires their codes to be managed through your Gallup’s Strengths Center account.
If you purchase the Clifton Strengths codes from the Gallup Strengths Center the results are available in your account. Using the export file, the contents can be directly copied and pasted into Cascade. This is by far the most accurate and easiest way to import information for several clients and will save a lot of typing. There are three parts to importing the information.
- Export the file from the Gallup Strengths Center
- Copy and Paste the information into Cascade
- Run the Reset Formatting process to clean up the page.
Gallup Strengths Center Export File
- Login to www.gallupstrengthscenter.com
- Under My Account, select Code Management.
- If given the option, choose Clifton Strengths.
- Select the name of the group to import to Cascade.
- Click on Export Strengths and save the Excel spreadsheet to your computer.
- Open the saved spreadsheet.
- Highlight the names and themes from cell A4 to the right-hand end of the last line, then select Copy (Ctrl+C).
Tip: Do not be tempted to highlight the rows by sliding the cursor down the left-hand side. Click on cell A4 then drag the cursor to the last theme on the last line.
Note: From version v2.0r03 (March 2019) onwards, include the column AV on the extreme right to capture the number of Dominant Themes.
- Switch to your Cascade spreadsheet, selecting the Theme Table page.
- Position the cursor to first available row and column G.
- Right-click and select the Paste icon or use Ctrl+V.
- To tidy up the page and make all the formatting uniform, click on the Reset Formatting button. This will free any locked cells inherited from another spreadsheet. It also reapplies the formulae for correct operation.
Need help getting the theme information from Gallup Access? Click here for info.