Search Cascade Support
Finding your PDF Files
After creating your PDF files, how can you find them on your computer?
In Windows, there is an option to open the folder at the end of the PDF creation process. Click on Yes and it will open up File Explorer to show the folder containing the PDF files.
On a Mac, things are a little more tricky. Here we show you some shortcuts to make this easier.
To create the PDFs, see Creating PDFs
Locate the folder with the PDF Files
When saving PDF files on a Mac, it uses a folder in the depths of the Library area. Follow these steps to find the folder.
1. At the Cascade Menu, go to the Settings section then Copy the contents of the Folder Path to the clipboard. Click on the path and use Command + C or Right-Click then Copy.
2. In Finder, click on Go in the menu at the very top of the screen, then select Go to Folder.
3. At the prompt for the folder, Paste in the path you copied from the Cascade Settings. Use Command + V or Right-Click then Paste, followed by Enter.
This will take you to the folder containing your PDF files.
4. For better housekeeping, you can move the PDF files from this folder to a folder with the rest of your documents.
Create an Alias to find the folder quicker
It is possible to place an Alias (short cut) on the Desktop to quickly jump to the folder containing the PDF files.
1. At the Cascade Menu, go to the Settings section. As before, Copy the contents of the Folder Path to the clipboard.
2. In Finder, click on Go in the top menu, then select Go to Folder.
3. At the prompt for the folder, paste in the path you copied from the Cascade Settings.
This time, before you hit Enter, scroll to the right of the folder path and remove the part referring to the Cascade folder. Delete the text ‘Cascade/’
It will then take you to the folder just above the Cascade folder. You should be able to see a folder with the name Cascade.
4. Right-Click on the Cascade folder then select Make Alias. This creates a shortcut to the Cascade folder.
5. Drag and Drop the Alias of the Cascade folder onto your Desktop. You can then rename it to ‘Cascade PDF Files’ for clarity.
After creating PDFs in Cascade, you can now click on the Alias icon on the Desktop to quickly see the files.
Note: Creating PDFs in Cascade requires the Bonus Pack.